The programme accepts students selected according to the following criteria:
- Academic merit: the quality and coherence of the university career as shown by the academic transcripts and references and the CV ;
- International experience: demonstrable orientation towards international career;
- Motivation: convincing reasons of why and how this master is to foster personal and professional aspirations.
Applicants are also expected to have:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree (2.1 Honours degree or equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have passed either TOEFL internet-based test with a minimum of 90-91 (minimum of 21 in the written assessment); IELTS with at least 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in essay writing); or Pearson Test of English – Academic, 61 overall (with 61 in writing).
Applicants need to present the following documents at the time of the application:
- detailed CV with list of academic courses and professional experiences;
- motivation letter explaining the candidate’s motivation for attending this master;
- copy of any undergraduate and/or graduate degree with English translation;
- one reference letters for either a professional supervisor and/or current or past academic supervisor or professor.
- a certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or by another recognised language institute);
- a copy of the applicant’s national identity card or passport.
How to apply
Students must simultaneously apply to the two institutions.
For the Department of Politics, University of Sheffield please use the following application form.
For the LUISS School of Government, please fill out the on line application form.
If you experience technical difficulties, please feel free to email the documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the exception of the motivation letter, candidates coming from Italian universities can submit the above documentation in Italian