Jointly promoted by LUISS School of Law and LUISS School of Government, this advanced Second Level Master focuses on the complexity of European Union (EU) legal, institutional and policy issues.
The course is fully taught in English and has an international student body and faculty.
The Master Objectives:
- Grasp the connections between law and politics at EU and at national level;
- Adquire a strong knowledge about the Governance systems in Europe and the policy making structures and processes;
- Define a clear framework of the EU Judicial order and its functioning;
- Develop an awareness of the main areas strongly discussed at a European level (Competition, Trade, External relations, Integration);
- Develop research tools and produce academic and policy papers;
- Improve writing and oral communication to produce professional messages to be shared in a European and multicultural environment;
- Improve the participants soft skills in time management, public speaking and group work.
The Master prepares students to professional positions in the areas of EU legal affairs and public policy. This includes, inter alia, career opportunities in:
- European institutions;
- National and international law firms;
- In-house legal offices of private sector organizations with direct contact with EU institutions;
- Public affairs consultancies;
- Foundations, NGOs and non-profit associations;
- Regulatory and consultancy agencies;
- Banks and financial institutions.
In order to facilitate the entrance in European Institutions the Master also offers the possibility to follow the preparation course for EPSO competition and Project Cycle Management for EU funded projects.