On December 15-16, 2011 LUISS School of Government has organised its Annual Conference titled "Global Dissatisfaction: Criticism of Democracy, Longing for Democracy".
On December 15-16, 2011 LUISS School of Government has organised its Annual Conference titled "Global Dissatisfaction: Criticism of Democracy, Longing for Democracy". The conference was organised under the auspices of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the International Political Science Association. Papers and presentation of the conference are available.
December 15, 2011
Introduction: 15:00-15:30 Welcome Remarks Sergio Fabbrini, Director of the LUISS School of Government (introductory remarks) First Panel: 15:30- 17:30 Dissatisfaction Towards Democracy: A Global Perspective Chair: Prof. Giovanni Sartori, Columbia University Speakers:
- Prof. Jim Caporaso,UniversityofWashington,Seattle (presentation)
- Prof. Jack Citrin,UniversityofCalifornia,Berkeley (presentation) (paper)
- Prof. Stephen Holmes,New York University (paper)
- Prof. Jean Michel De Waele, Universitè Libre de Brussels
- Prof. Sergio Fabbrini, LUISS School of Government
- Prof. Marc Lazar, Science Po, Paris and LUISS Guido Carli
Open debate 17:30 – 18.30 – Coffee Break 18:30-19:00 Conclusion Between democracy’s malaise and democracy’s desire Prof. Leonardo Morlino, LUISS Guido Carli and International Political Science Association (presentation)
December 16, 2011
Second panel: 9:00 -11:00 Longing for Democracy: The North African Experience Chair: Prof. Giovanni Orsina, Deputy Director, LUISS School of Government Speakers:
- Prof. Massimo Campanini, Oriental University Institute,Naples
- Prof. Scott Thomas,Universityof Bath (paper)
- Prof. Abdallah Saaf , University of Rabat-Agdal (presentation)
- Prof. Hatem M'rad, Président de l'Association Tunisienne d'Etudes Politiques (presentation)
- Prof. Francesca Corrao, LUISS Guido Carli
- Prof. Melina Decaro, LUISS Guido Carli
11:00 11:30 – Coffee Break 11:30 – 12:00 – Graduation’s Cerimony Diploma’s delivery to the students of the SchoolofGovernment - Academic Year 2010-2011 12:00-13:00 Conclusion Why is democracy desired?
- Prof. Giuliano Amato, Past Italian Prime Minister and LUISS Schoolof Government