The master prepares students to leadership positions through analytically-challenging and practice-oriented courses in the areas of international public affairs, policy analysis and management. The course structure and its parallel activities are aimed to prepare students to succeed in professional and intellectually intensive careers by providing the necessary combination of skills:
- Analytical Skills: Throughout the course, participants will learn how to study the intricacies of international public affairs and issues pushing students to devise their own individual judgments and while presenting conclusions.
- Organisational and Research Skills: Students have to work on their own initiative by developing their own projects and research activities and interacting with academics and professionals from both institutions.
- Project Management Skills: This course wants students to manage time effectively, and learn how to prioritize and plan actions with specific objectives in mind while preparing course work and the final dissertation.
- Communication Skills: The programme aims at teaching in policy memo writing and in oral communication while focusing on oral presentation, case study discussions and group work. At the end students will be able to express themselves in a concise and professional manner while operating in a multinational environment.
- Team-working skills: Students work within a multicultural environment under the leadership of global faculty members and practitioners. This includes group discussions, joint efforts and commitment.
The student body of this master course is diverse in terms of national background, disciplines and interests. This creates an environment where excellence and diversity are jointly connected making the recent graduates standing out in the current complex job market.
Our participants have successfully started a career in:
- International organisations
- Lobbying organisations at the national and international level
- Public Affairs consultancies
- Foundations and NGOs
- National and international think tank.
In particular, our students have undertaken the following fully-paid careers following extensive academic and professional trainings:
- Diplomat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Italy)
- Diplomat, Foreign Ministry, El Salvador
- Policy Officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Azerbaijan
- Official, Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Budapest)
- Member of Cabinet, Minister of EU Affairs, (Italy)
- Political Officer, Australian Embassy (Rome)
- Third Secretary, Embassy of Qatar (Rome)
- Policy Officer, UNIDO Rome
- Senior Officer, International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (Geneva)
- International Consultant, International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (Geneva)
- Policy Officer, United Nation Volunteers
- Research Assistant, European University Institute
- Researcher, European Institute for Public Administration (Netherlands)
- Legal Officer, Google (Ireland) and Discovery Channel (Milan)
- Program Officer – Fondirigenti (Italy)
- Project Manager, International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (Sweden)
- Local Development Strategy Expert, Association of Sustainable Development Fisheries (Poland)
- Project Officer, OECD (France)
- Project Assistant, Merck Group (Switzerland)
- Consultant, Confindustria Sicily (Italy)
- Marketing Manager, MSC Lines (Italy)
- Researchers, Research Department, Finmeccanica (Italy)
- Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (Ukraine)
- Researcher, Polish Academy of Science (Poland)
- Head of External Relations, Comunione e Liberazione (Italy)
- Linguistic Expert, Einaudi Istitute for Economics and Finance (Italy)
- PhD Candidate, Department of Communication, Hong Kong University (Full Scholarship)
- PhD Candidate, Salzurg Centre of European Union Studies, University of Salzburg (Full Scholarship)
- PhD Candidante, La Sapienza (Italy) University of Rome
They will also be provided with advanced professional courses in project management and research development offered by LUISS Guido Carli. Finally, the program is also an excellent preparation for further research work by providing the necessary knowledge and skills for starting a PhD program.
Should you want to schedule a call to know more about the career prospects associated with the Master, please contact Dr Lorenzo Valeri. Scientific Manager, LUISS School of Government at email@example.com