- Convenes and chairs the School’s Scientific Committee and Management Board
- Represents the Schools in front of other university bodies
- Reports to the University Rector and General Manager
- Represents the Schools externally
- Attends meetings of the Luiss Board of Directors when issues associated with the School are discussed.
- Supervises the academic activities of the School
- Provides an annual report of the School’s activities to Luiss Academic Senate
- Nominates the Deputy Director among full-time Luiss professors
The Director cannot have other management and institutional roles within Luiss . The current Scientific Director is Prof. Giovanni Orsina.