Sofia Ventura is an Associate Professor at the University of Bologna, School of Political Science, Department of Political and Social Sciences He held an annual contract course at the School of Government - LUISS Guido Carli in Rome from 2011 to 2018 on the topic of political communication. Since 2020 he has been designing and coordinating, together with Prof. Giovanni Orsina, the module Political and Institutional Leadership and Management of the Master's Degree Course in "Institutional Political Communication and Marketing - LUISS School of Government", where he also held several lecture hours and is a member of the Scientific Committee of the Centre for Media and Communication Studies 'Massimo Baldini' - LUISS 'Guido Carli' University
She taught at the Université Paris Est Créteil, holding a six-hour module (in the year 2014) and an eight-hour module (in the years 2015 and 2016) on political communication in Italy, within the course " Systèmes politiques et communication électorale comparés " of the Master 1 Communication politique et publique.
She has given seminars and lectures at the Doctorate in Political Science of the Italian Institute of Human Sciences (SUM) in Florence, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Rome - La Sapienza, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Pavia, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Trento, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Perugia, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Turin, Sciences-Po, Paris.
Some of her recent publications:
- Sofia Ventura, La destra francese tra nuovo centrismo, gollismo e sirene radicali, «RIVISTA DI POLITICA», 2022, 3/2022, pp. 139 - 152 [articolo]
- Sofia Ventura, The Italian Government's Pandemic Communication from Giuseppe Conte to Mario Draghi: Between "Leadership Building" and "Crisis Resolution", in: Manufacturing Government Communication on Covid-19. A comparative Perspective, Cham, Springer, 2022, pp. 253 - 271 (STUDIES IN MEDIA AND POLITICAL COMMUNICATION) [capitolo di libro]
- Sofia Ventura, La gestione della crisi e il meaning-making. Narrazione e manipolazione nelle conferenze stampa di Giuseppe Conte durante la pandemia del coronavirus, «COMUNICAZIONE POLITICA», 2021, XXII, pp. 19 - 46 [articolo]
- Sofia Ventura, Comunico ergo sum. L'età della narrazione impolitica, «PARADOXA», 2020, XIV, pp. 107 - 120 [articolo]
- Sofia Ventura, La pandemia e la crisi della leadership: come il Covid-19 può cambiare le democrazie, in: DOPO. Come la pandemia può cambiare la politica, l’economia, la comunicazione e le relazioni internazionali, Soveria Mannelli, Rubbettino, 2020, pp. 49 - 58 [capitolo di libro]