Vadislav M. Zubok is professor of international history at the London School of Economics and a Head of the Russia International Affairs Programme at LSE IDEAS. Zubok is a specialist in the history of the Cold War and 20th century Russia.
In 1994 he became a fellow at the National Security Archive, non-government organization at the University of George Washington. He continued his academic career in the United States as a visiting professor at Amherst College, Ohio University, Stanford University, and the University of Michigan, and in 2004 became a tenured professor at Temple University.
Among his books are:
- The Idea of Russia: The Life and Work of Dmitry Likhachev (2017).
- Dmitry Likhachev. The Life and the Century (in Russian, 2016).
- A Failed Empire: the Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev (2007)
- Zhivago’s Children: the Last Russian Intelligentsia (2009).
- Collapse. The Fall of the Soviet Union, (2021).