On December 2nd , Professor Francis Fukuyama, Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow and Mosbacher Director of the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at the Stanford University (Stanford, CA), will be hosted by LUISS School of Government to give a speech on "Decay of the American Political System". The event will be organized in cooperation with the Aspen Institute Italia (http://www.aspeninstitute.it/) and the Center for American studies (http://centrostudiamericani.org/).
2:30–2:45pm - Welcome
- Gianni De Gennaro, President, Center for American Studies, Rome
- Giulio Tremonti, Chairman, Aspen Institute Italia, Rome
- Paola Severino, Rector, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
2:45–4:30pm - Electoral lessons: does the US political system need a major reform?
- Marta Dassù, Senior Director European Affairs, The Aspen Institute, Editor, Aspenia
- Francis Fukuyama, Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow and Mosbacher Director, Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Sergio Fabbrini, Director, School of Government; Professor Political Sciences and International Relations, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- Ivan Krastev, Chairman, Centre for Liberal Strategies,
- Sofia Federico Romero, Department of History and Civilization, European University Institute, Florence
Q&A moderated by
- Paolo Messa, Director, Center for American Studies, Rome
4:45–6:00pm - The uncertain state of the economy and its transatlantic implications
- Domenico Siniscalco, Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley; Country Head, Morgan Stanley Italy, Milan
- Emma Marcegaglia, President, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- Jacek Rostowski, Professor of Economics, Central European University, Budapest
- Walter Russell Mead, Professor of Foreign Affairs and the Humanities, Bard College, New York, NY
- Erik Jones, Director of European and Eurasian Studies; Professor of European Studies and International Political Economy, John Hopkins University, Bologna
6:00–7:15pm - Post-Obama America and Europe
- Giuliano Amato, Judge, Italian Constitutional CourtAnthony
- L. Gardner, US Ambassador to the European Union, United States Mission to the European Union
- Gianni Riotta, Visiting Professor, Princeton University and LUISS School of Government.