United Nations Institute for Training and Research and the School of Government will jointly select 30 participants who comply with the following requirements:
- Full-time member of the diplomatic staff of one of the 54 African countries;
- Holder of at least an undergraduate degree by the time of the application;
- Under the age of 40 by the time of the application;
- Knowledge of English with a minimum level of B2;
- Strong professional motivation for attending this Master;
- Currently being to posted at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their country or posted at one of the following institutions, African Union, Intergovernamental Authority on Development (IGAD), Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and southern African Development Community (SADC)
Applications must be forwarded using this form by February 18th 2023. Candidates are required to attached to the application:
- Copy of Passport;
- Detailed Professional Resume;
- Full Academic Transcripts in English;
- Professional Motivation Letter;
- One Reference Letter;
- Letter of Agreement by their government institution supporting the application and permission to attend the course;
- Certification of knowledge of English (at least B2).
Final admission will be formulated by assessing for each candidate his/her academic degree, professional curriculum vitae (CV), professional motivation letter, level of knowledge of English and an interview. Candidates will be ranked according to the following grading scale:
- Academic degree: up to 15 points
- Professional Resume: up to 15 points
- Professional Motivation Letter: up to 15 points
- Interview: up to 55 points
Only candidates receiving over 45 points from the combined evaluation of their academic degree, professional CV and professional motivation letter will be invited for the motivation interview to held remotely.
The final ranking of applications will be drawn up by the Management Committee of the Master. The Management Committee will verify the formal regularity of the documents and announce admission. The Management Committee bears the full responsibility of the selection procedure and its result. Winners will be informed using the email contact indicated in the application. A reserve list of candidates will also be prepared. Within five days from the date of this communication, winners must send the Luiss School of Government their formal acceptance and any other requested documents. Failing to do so, the Management Committee will move to the first candidate of the reserve list.