The one-year full time programme is a multi-disciplinary course giving an overview of all the aspects and processes involved in the Public Policy process (Economy, Governance, Politics, Social sciences etc.).
Students will explore the intersections of state, economy and civil society while focusing on the growing importance of private institutions and models of multi-stakeholder governance.
Courses will provide an understanding of the main opportunities and threats (security policies, multiculturalism, international crisis etc.) related to a wide range of global policies.
The aim is to train professionals able to contribute to develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges affecting Governments, Ngo, Institutions.
The course is fully taught in English and has an international student body and faculty.
The Master objectives are:
- Providing a strong knowledge of the theoretical and methodological framework regarding Democracy and Global Governance;
- Offering a strong knowledge of the public policy process, from development to implementation and evaluation;
- Adquire the ability to manage and analyze public policies;
- Developing advanced skills in negotiation within international organizations;
- Fostering the drafting skills (reviews, papers);
- Adquiring awareness of the cultural, psychological and social aspects related to the policy making process.
Students will be also involved in practical laboratories (Policy labs) that will allow them to adquire technical skills, developing projects with real partners to find policy solutions in the public interest.
Students will benefit from regular interactions with renowned global personalities through a set of parallel activities:
- Guest Lectures: practitioners are invited to share their experiences.
- Policy Debates: students are invited to exchange views in structured debates on current issues of public policy, moderated by public policy experts.
- Colloquia: faculty members are to team up with guest practitioners to examine and present case studies linking theory to practical application.
Luiss Guido Carli is among the world's Top 50 universities for Politics & International Studies in international rankings, entering the Top 50 universities in the world in Politics & International Studies. This award comes from the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021.
Director: Professor Sergio Fabbrini
Academic Coordinator: Dr. Lorenzo Liso