The one-year full time program is a multi-disciplinary course giving an overview of all the aspects and processes involved in the Public Policy process (Economy, Governance, Politics, Social sciences etc.).
Students will explore the fields of state policy, economics and civil society while focusing on the growing importance of private institutions and models of multi-stakeholder governance.
Courses will provide an understanding of the main opportunities and threats (security policies, multiculturalism, international crisis etc.) related to a wide range of global policies.
The aim is to train professionals to contribute and develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges affecting Governments, third sector umbrella organizations (Ngo’s and Non-profits) and Institutions.
The course is fully taught in English and has an international student body and faculty.
The objectives of the Master are to:
- Provide a strong knowledge of the theoretical and methodological framework regarding Democracy and Global Governance.
- Offer a strong knowledge of the public policy process, from development to implementation and evaluation.
- Acquire the ability to manage and analyze public policies.
- Develop advanced skills in negotiation within international organizations.
- Foster the drafting and development of writing skills (reviews, papers).
- Become aware of the cultural, psychological, and social aspects of the policy-making process.
Students will moreover be involved in practical laboratories (Policy labs) that will allow them to develop and cultivate technical skills, dealing with projects and partners to find policy solutions in the public interest.
Students will benefit from regular interactions with renowned global personalities through a set of parallel activities:
- Guest Lectures: practitioners are invited to share their experiences and knowledge.
- Policy Debates: students are invited to exchange views and ideas in structured debates on current issues of public policy, moderated by public policy experts.
- Colloquia: faculty members are to work in collaboration with guest practitioners to examine and present case studies linking theory to practical application.
Luiss Guido Carli is among the world's Top 50 universities for Politics & International Studies in international rankings, entering the Top 50 universities in the world in Politics & International Studies. This award comes from the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021.
Director: Professor Sergio Fabbrini
Academic Coordinator: Dr. Lorenzo Liso