The Master in European Studies (MES) is a one-year program aimed at training future experts in European Union affairs, EU institutions and International Organizations.
This highly professionalizing full-time Master provides students holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree (or Italian "Laurea Triennale") with broad yet specific proficiencies in the working procedures of European institutions and in policy areas linked with the EU, such as Migration, Security, Euro-Zone politics and the Common Market.
Combining theoretical and practical approaches, the Master will enable students to understand the political, economic and cultural dynamics among the EU actors, as well as between the EU and external actors, while getting an excellent preparation for a career with many of these actors, such as Institutions, Organizations and private employers.
The MES program main features:
- practical training for EPSO selection procedures
- trainings in Policy Advice, EU Programming
- a special Simulation Excercise on Negotiation and Decisionmaking processes in EU institutions
- training in Academic Methodology and Communication
- seminar-style teaching approach with a small class of max. 25 students
- a particular focus on the political and economic problems of the Mediterranean Area
- international environment, with students from many countries
- full access to the facilities of one of Italy's best ranked higher education institutes
- excellent academic competency and experience provided by an international faculty
- strong professional links and networking activites amidst regular meetings with EU professional experts and practitioners
- access to national and international institutions based in Rome
The competences acquired in this Master allow to get access to the following professional areas:
- Policy analist
- Employment in European Institutions and International Organizations
- Employment in Private Companies acting on international stage
The program is led by Prof. Giovanni Orsina, Director of Luiss School of Government.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 25 July 2020
Special note for Italian students
Il Master in European Studies rappresenta uno strumento unico per integrare una laurea triennale in materie umanistiche e linguistiche con un titolo magistrale alla Luiss. L'accesso ai corsi di laurea magistrale della Luiss Guido Carli per gli studenti provenienti da altre Università è subordinato al superamento di una prova di ammissione e al possesso dei requisiti minimi curricolari deliberati dal Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche. Attraverso il Master in European Studies sarà possibile avere un riconoscimento fino a 40 CFU.